Sexy Lexi's Road to The Makeover

Follow Marissa's progress as she takes a wild mustang yearling and trains her in 90 days in order to compete in the 2008 Extreme Mustang Makeover in Ft. Worth, TX. She will compete against over 200 other trainers to take home the $10,000 prize. Quite a task for an 8th grader! She picked up her filly from Bureau of Land Management in June and has named her "Sexi Lexi." This blog will document her daily tasks, joys and hurdles as she travels down the road to the makeover.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's HOT outside! lol. Just got back in from working with Lexi! I worked more on the rope with her, she's doin good! She REALLY wants to be friendly, just not sure if she should be or not. It's funny though, because whenever I go in her pen she follows me around and wants me to pet her! But she's still VERY leary of me getting past her throat-latch area. However, when I have the rope around her neck, I'll slightly pull on it & she'll walk right up to me! We're going to REALLY work on touching her neck, then the rest of her body. I think she feels comfortable around me, because she fell asleep while I was scratching her forehead! You'd think I could pet the rest of her, but she's just to cautious, and I don't want to ruin the training we have done. But we'll get to it! Sexy Lexi got a new halter for the big show though! It's a nice personalized halter with her name on the noseband! I'll get a picture of it & put it on here. So, we are making progress, just not as much as I'd like......

website page counter