Sexy Lexi's Road to The Makeover

Follow Marissa's progress as she takes a wild mustang yearling and trains her in 90 days in order to compete in the 2008 Extreme Mustang Makeover in Ft. Worth, TX. She will compete against over 200 other trainers to take home the $10,000 prize. Quite a task for an 8th grader! She picked up her filly from Bureau of Land Management in June and has named her "Sexi Lexi." This blog will document her daily tasks, joys and hurdles as she travels down the road to the makeover.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Little Update

Unfortunatly, we didn't make it to the show yesterday, but there's another in August! Lexi's doing better, but still not as I'd like. However, today she let me snap a lead rope on her halter!! GO SEXY LEXI! So, that's always good. I think we'll get our bomb-proof old mare and see if I'm on her, maybe she'll be a little more confident. It's worth a shot. I'm going to let her drag the lead rope around for awhile. She's starting to understand the voice commands while free lunging. Yesterday, she stopped & I told her to trot, and off she went! I was so proud of her! If we don't get to pet atleast some of her bodt by next Saturday, I'm not sure we'll make it to Texas. :-( We'll see I guess... Only time will tell now.... Oh, by the way, I got pictures of her halter!
Photobucket
Photobucket

website page counter