Sexy Lexi's Road to The Makeover

Follow Marissa's progress as she takes a wild mustang yearling and trains her in 90 days in order to compete in the 2008 Extreme Mustang Makeover in Ft. Worth, TX. She will compete against over 200 other trainers to take home the $10,000 prize. Quite a task for an 8th grader! She picked up her filly from Bureau of Land Management in June and has named her "Sexi Lexi." This blog will document her daily tasks, joys and hurdles as she travels down the road to the makeover.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Leading Lessons Continue

Just got in from working w/ Sexy Lexi. She's doing really good! I can now lead her from pen to pen and pet her all over. I decided to try her first tieing lesson today! Sooooo I wrapped the rope around the fence and went into the other pen. I kept an eye on her of course. She handled it like a pro! She didn't even pull or anything! I was so proud! I knew once I got her to trust me she'd be easy! Soo we'll keep working on leading and tieing. Now I gotta convince my mom to bring the trailer back over so we can work on that! Then going in a stall! I think we'll be ready for our local show by August 17. It's only like 10 miles from the house, so getting there will be easy! Then maybe we can take her home after her class.....Well, hopefully we can make it! Oh ya, I'll get my mom to take pictures tonight or tomorrow!

website page counter