Sexy Lexi's Road to The Makeover

Follow Marissa's progress as she takes a wild mustang yearling and trains her in 90 days in order to compete in the 2008 Extreme Mustang Makeover in Ft. Worth, TX. She will compete against over 200 other trainers to take home the $10,000 prize. Quite a task for an 8th grader! She picked up her filly from Bureau of Land Management in June and has named her "Sexi Lexi." This blog will document her daily tasks, joys and hurdles as she travels down the road to the makeover.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

More Working for Lexi! (fixed video)

So today I thought, "why not introduce her to brushes, etc.?" Soooo I got the softest, (probably oldest) brush we had, rubbed on Cappichino (previously adopted mustang gelding), then let her sniff it, bite it, pick it up, whatever she wanted. Then, I picked up her drag line, and let her sniff it in my hand. Well that was fine. So I started to brush her face. That was ok at first. Then she got a little nervous, so I backed off. She came back up to me, I did the same thing, then started down her neck. Well, that was great, so I went on to her back. She LOVED it! So I got most of the dirt off one side at least. The other side she's not sure about, but getting better. I'd like to get her to the show grounds before we show. Hopefully we will. If your interested in seeing her at the show, it's in Palmyra, IL and you can get details from the show, etc @ www.ottercreeksaddleclub.com . Anyway, I thought I'd try flyspray as well, since she was so good. That didn't go as well, but a lot better than I thought. She does better than my miniature gelding! lol. All she did really was back up. Which is ok with me, she's not used to it. Again, I backed off & am just taking it slow (well as slow as I can!). Then onto lunging! Just so everyone knows, I took her drag rope off to lunge her! I'm just not sure if I'll be able to get it back on.....I took a video with my phone, (it's not very good quality). So I thought I'd let you see how floaty & pretty her trot really is! We'll have to get the vet out sometime to get her health certificate & stuff. So, that's about it! Here's the video!

website page counter