Sexy Lexi's Road to The Makeover

Follow Marissa's progress as she takes a wild mustang yearling and trains her in 90 days in order to compete in the 2008 Extreme Mustang Makeover in Ft. Worth, TX. She will compete against over 200 other trainers to take home the $10,000 prize. Quite a task for an 8th grader! She picked up her filly from Bureau of Land Management in June and has named her "Sexi Lexi." This blog will document her daily tasks, joys and hurdles as she travels down the road to the makeover.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

LOTS OF PROGRESS!

Lexi made lots of progress today/this weekend! We worked on leading quite a bit, and she's pretty much got it down pat! Now she let's me brush her WHOLE body, except the lower parts of her legs. I can use pretty much any brush, she doesn't care. She'll follow me around her pen, it's so cute! She's such a sweet hart. I'll miss her a ton when she's gone, but really I know we don't have enough time to keep up with her future training. So anyway, we can lead her into the round pen, and all around it. Today, we even went OUTSIDE! YES! HURRAY! We got quite a bit accomplished today. Usually she ONLY trusts me, no one else. Well, while I was holding her, my mom was able to come up and pet her down her neck & back! GOOD LEXI! Ok, I'll put pictures up tomorrow, it's late.....

website page counter