Sexy Lexi's Road to The Makeover

Follow Marissa's progress as she takes a wild mustang yearling and trains her in 90 days in order to compete in the 2008 Extreme Mustang Makeover in Ft. Worth, TX. She will compete against over 200 other trainers to take home the $10,000 prize. Quite a task for an 8th grader! She picked up her filly from Bureau of Land Management in June and has named her "Sexi Lexi." This blog will document her daily tasks, joys and hurdles as she travels down the road to the makeover.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Leading, Tying, & More!!! Lots of Pics!

We've taken Lexi out of her pens a few times now. She does REALLY good! So far, she could care less. Unfortunately the Otter Creek Saddle Club show set for Sunday has been cancelled. GRR! Oh well. I guess we'll try to find another local show! If you know of one around the Springfield, IL area, leave a comment! Anyway, Lexi is really trusting of me. I love her! I tied her today while I moved hay through her pen & into another, etc and she didn't even move! She's going to be a great horse for someone! We'll probably have the vet out pretty quick to get her health papers done, etc. And her feet! UGH! I've been so busy with sheep shows, other horses, etc. But she does SOOO good and she's really smart. If she wasn't so good, I don't think I'd be in this competition anymore. I can rub all up & down her front legs, around her butt, everywhere! With other people she's not soo good yet, but she's not scared to death. We're working on that. Ok, onto the pictures!!
Lexer butt
good lexi!
Photobucket
Photobucket

website page counter